Grand Final Skills for Employability Challenge,
Saturday 15 September 2012
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Jakarta
(by invitation only)
What is it About?
Skills for Employability is a British Council programme that promotes cultural relations; its central purpose is to develop international partnerships for the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
We focus on building strong relationships and positive engagement between employers, governments and training providers, and education institutions around the world. We aim to foster the attributes, skills, and knowledge in all labour market participants need so that they are better able to respond to work and enterprise demands.
Skills for Employability Challenge 2012 – Young Game Changers Indonesia is a work-based training competition designed for young people aged 18 – 22. Through the competition, we aim to encourage young people to develop professional work and communication skills in real workplace environments.
It is a team challenge for 8 teams, with 5 individuals in each team. The teams will be set a business-related project by top leading companies: Nestle, Microsoft, The Body Shop and Bank Danamon.
The Challenge demands a talent for creative thinking, and gives you the opportunity to develop your skills in team work, independent research, problem solving, and project management. The competition will also require you to prepare and deliver a professional presentation to panel of experts. Each team must come up with unique and innovative ideas for completing the project assignment.
At the end of the programme, teams will be asked to submit and present their idea to the judging panellists and wider audience.
Why should you take part?
- You will undergo an intensive training and mentoring by a team of best practitioners led by a social entrepreneur and career coach, Renee Suhardono, founder of Impact Factory. Explore your passion and career possibilities!
- You will be supported by high profile leading thinkers and business practitioners from different industries. You will be able to learn from the best in their field.
- You will experience real life working conditions within major companies. It will build huge confidence, and contribute greatly to your professional development!
- You will receive a certificate of achievement, awarded by the British Council and participating companies – a great addition to your CV!
- Submission of application 1 – 28 June
- Application short listing 29 June – 2 July
- Career coaching and team allocation 14 – 15 July (in Jakarta)
- Project assignment 16 July – 31 August
- First cut 03 – 06 September
- Grand Final (Awards Ceremony) 15 September
Joining the Challenge will require your participation in various activities in Jakarta.
The British Council is not providing or covering accommodation and/or transportation cost to successful participants for their participation in this Challenge.
- Smart, enthusiastic, passionate, young people with a good level of English.
- Download Application Form – SfE Challenge 2012.
- You must complete and submit the application form no later than 28 June 2012 (17.00 WIB) to email@example.com. Late and/or incomplete application form will not be considered.
Total Grand Prizes IDR 50,000,000
Be Challenged! Be Globally Competitive!
For further enquiry about the Challenge, please contact Miki Kitthika at +62 21 515 5561 or firstname.lastname@example.org.